Tuesday, February 14, 2006

College

Hola, all! Well, I am getting closer and closer on my road to "official college". Official as in I am 18, and no longer working on general ed courses. Hooray! No more sociology, anthropology, geography-which can be interesting in and of themselves, but my teachers were...not my favorite. Anyway, I have finished all my applications, filed my FAFSA, and am visiting different colleges and applying for dozens of scholarships. All I can say is I better get one. I have applied for so many! And I'm not even close to being finished. According to the government, I do not qualify for any financial aid. They don't know that my parents aren't paying for my tuition. Although, I guess it might be a bragging point to say that I don't receive any redistributed wealth...Although I don't really know anyone who would see this as positive. Anyway, to a different topic. Or at least to get off the topic of the government.



I visited Colorado State University last Thursday. It is a branch of the regular CSU, but it located only 30 minutes from where I live, so I am certainly considering it. I am also considering the main branch of CSU. However, it is more as far as tuition goes, and they have basically the same program, so I have more going for me in Pueblo. Plus, I can get a master's degree in only one year extra in Pueblo. Awesome program! The only thing that is stopping me is my jaded mind. I have it stuck in my head that after all my work throughout high-school, I should be going to a really good, expensive college. But my parents keep telling me that it isn't really the school that matters. I just need to keep going forward in my goal. I know that is true, but when all my friends are applying to expensive, private colleges, it makes me think. I guess I just need to keep praying. Regardless of what I do, I am very excited!!

Have an excellent day, all!