Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Courtship...and Ronald McDonald? :)

Okay, before getting down to business, here is something funny. On Tuesday, I went to the library. On the way there, my bro and I saw Ronald McDonald. Seriously. We saw a Ronald McDonald. :) He was in a van painted red and, well, yellow. That prompted a conversation between my mother and I in which we discussed the practical aspects of Ronald McDonald. Here is what my research found. Well, actually, my research consists of my Mom finding this in a magazine and showing it to me. Pretty easy!
"Clowns who portray the company mascot, Ronald McDonald, are strictly forbidden from disclosing their identities. It's also taboo for two (costumed) Ronalds to be in the same place at the same time. In fact, the only time they get together is at the biennial Ronald McDonald Convention, which, as you might imagine, is also very top-secret . . . Their average income is about $40,000 a year, but the busiest clowns cna bring in as much as $100,000." So, there is your odd fact for the day.

Okay, I had two interesting comments concerning my post yesterday. One, my sister mentioned she wanted debate. Sure, go ahead, sounds good. Just please do not be negative towards people or their convictions. Second, Carissa mentioned that she would like me to outline what I mean by courtship. Sure, I was planning on that too.

Now, to try and remember what I talked about yesterday. Oh, right, about the girl who doesn't date or kiss guys. Hmm, weird. Anyway, my Dad gave me a promise ring which symbolized that my Dad was sort of my "guy" until I got married. I know that might sound odd, but, oh well. When I get married, I give the ring back to him. (Which I may try to negotiate, because I do want to keep the ring actually.) Anyway, I have decided that dating, for myself personally, is not a wise way to spend my time. I feel like there are so many more positive things that I could be spending my time one: my family, school, and other interests I have. If I had a boyfriend, I may be too busy to do a lot of this stuff. Actually, I know I would be too busy. Also, I feel like I am not ready to be married, so I do not see a reason for dating. I feel that, once again-for myself-this type of relationship signifies that two people are ready to seriously consider spending the rest of their life together.

Okay, more tommorrow, I don't want to overload.