Monday, January 30, 2006

The Topic Discussed Too Much

I am going to get serious now. Yeah, surprising due to the nature of my posts lately. :) Although I am sure many of you have heard all of this way too many times, I feel led to talk about it. Since it is such a big topic, I am going to split it up a little bit. Even though I am set in how I am doing things, I feel a need once in a while to remind mysel of why I do this. I'm talking about courtship. Yeah, I'm sure lots of you are sighing and rolling your eyes right now. If you are, sorry. :) You don't have to read if you don't want.

I made a decision to do this about 4 years ago. Because of that, I have never been on a date, never been kissed, and "all that jazz". Although once in a while, I may feel like I am missing out, I refocus and realize I am SO not missing out! I am just waiting for something really cool.

On my 13th birthday, I got a promise ring and all the traditional "courtship" books. I read a few, but I found my favorite was "When God Writes Your Love Story". Instead of focusing on a "I don't date" approach, it looked at giving EVERYTHING to God, even your "love life". (Although you may think you don't have a love life, most do. God is just working on it right now. :))

Okay, I'll post more later.