Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Snow Day!!!




Last night we got about 4 to 5 inches of snow. God was listening to me. :) I asked for a good snow before I left for Hawaii and missed my favorite Colorado season: winter.

It all started with shoveling the driveway with Aubry. I think she successfully cleared about one square foot area. Ha ha...Then Joe, Aubry, and I trekked out to sled in the backyard. I decided to go sledding in my pj pants, no gloves, and my Dad's boots. You would be correct in assuming I am not equipped with snow gear this year. ;) If I am going to play in the snow, I might as well feel the burn of snow on my toes and soaking wet pjs pants on my legs, right?

Eventually, Mom and Micah came out. As you can see from the picture, we successfully got Mom to go down once. No serious injuries sustained. Situation well in hand. The only injuries sustained throughout the whole adventure were Josiah snowboarding into a tree and myself stopping in the middle of my descent with a knee on a rock. That is what happens when you try to sled in a Colorado desert backyard. That or cactus. I am thankful for the rock in comparison.

I intend to compile a book of college kid recipes at some point in my life in order to aid the student population in staying alive for their college careers. I discovered a new one to add to the list....Saute potatoes, add green beans at the last minute to get them warm, top with ranch dressing. Disgusting and yummy all at the same time. The perk? It has nothing to do with ramen noodles. A miracle really...

Labels: