Friday, November 28, 2008

A Thought Or Two

I need a heart that wants to obey, that desires to please my master. I need a radical trust in His character that naturally generates joy in following His lead.

Only through His grace, can I get to this point. For a moment, I wonder how I reach this point of radical trust. Then I realize that it is only through difficult situations and the challenge of decisions to be made that I will reach this place. But the appeal of this concept of radical trust makes me realize those hard times will be worth it.

I am watching Patricia and Susannah decorate their Christmas tree. Ah, I can't believe it is that time of the year again. Remembering past Christmas trees....
Last year was the epitome of the Charlie Brown Christmas tree. I was in the middle of moving from the apartment with C and P and moving to P-town. It was the first year I didn't get to decorate or have a tree. But P made my week by helping me make a tree out of a branch-yes, seriously-and ornaments out of tin foil and thread. :)

Labels: