Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Old Man and a Good Song...

I always said to myself that I wrote in my notebooks because I wanted to be able to look back years down the road and see what I was like, what I was thinking, and how I have changed. I dragged out some of my old notebooks last night-about 9 for the past few years. I realize that it is probably closer to finding out how much I actually haven't changed and that I have the same struggles now that I did three years ago. :) Hopefully I am a little mature now than I was at 17 however.
I do realize the benefit of concluding that I have the same weaknesses. In order to fight, one must know what they fight against. I am a "striver". I am always striving for the next thing. The next project, the next mission, the next accomplishment. When I was in high-school, I was getting all my ducks in a row for CSU-P. When I got to CSU-P, I was trying to figure it all out to get to CofO. When I didn't get there, it was all about moving to Pueblo. And, you'll never guess but when I got to Pueblo it was all about getting back to Canon. He he...I must continue making the daily decision to live life to its fullest in the here and now. This is what He has gifted me with, and I choose to walk in it. While I will continue to prepare for the future, I want it to fade into the background as a small portion of life that He completely has in His hands.

Find Me Here
Speak To Me
I want to feel you
I need to hear you
You are the light
That's leading me
To the place where I find peace again.

You are the strength, that keeps me walking.
You are the hope, that keeps me trusting.
You are the light to my soul.
You are my purpose...you're everything.

How can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?

You calm the storms, and you give me rest.
You hold me in your hands, you won't let me fall.
You steal my heart, and you take my breath away.
Would you take me in? Take me deeper now?

How can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?
And how can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?

Cause you're all I want, You're all I need
You're everything,everything
You're all I want your all I need
You're everything, everything.
You're all I want you're all I need.
You're everything, everything
You're all I want you're all I need, you're everything, everything.

"Everything"
-Lifehouse

Labels: ,