Sunday, December 28, 2008

Hike and Soapbox



Just about three more days of living in my fabulous Colorado and being with some of my favorite people in the world. I have had quite a few people ask if I am excited in the last few days. I am excited. Very excited to see what God has in store and to hear His voice in these next few months. I can honestly say however that I am so unsure of what is in store for me (A good stretching experience) that I am more in extreme curiosity and a little bit of apprehension rather than excitement at this current moment...I know myself well enough though to know that I do this before all big stages or adventures in life. Give me a bit of time to get used to the situation, and I'll be ready to kick butt through the whole thing. ;)

Huge thoughts the past few days. And I feel like I am learning that it is okay to wonder these things and have these questions yet still be unsure. God has it in His hands, and I will know when I need to know. The concept of orphans has confronted me like fifty bazillion times in the last three days. Why is that? God, what are you trying to tell me?

It seems there is a reason God has not explicitly stated everything in His word for me. The point is not some formula to be followed. The point is a relationship with Jesus Christ. The point is that we were created to worship Him. The point is He knows how each of us can individually do that. I can only do that by spending time with Him as I would with someone I love.

Off the soapbox now. :) Yay for Sunday hikes in cold weather! My fabulous friends Carly and Aaron went with my family to one of the greatest hiking places near our house. Thus, pictures. The top one is the result of my Mom's yearly attempt to fit us all in a picture at once and looking presentable. This year was not so bad although it took several tries as usual...

Labels: , ,