Monday, December 15, 2008

Announcement Part Dos

Driving. I don't even want to calculate how many hours I spent in a car. I was at CSU-P for 5 semesters. I drove in to school 3 to 5 days a week with an approximate 50 minute drive each way. That's a hundred miles a day. That's up to five hundred miles a week. That's up to 8000 miles a semester. That's up to 40,000 miles I have successfully driven. I should get get a plaque for that. Good times though. I officially know where every single station in the Pueblo/Fremont County area goes in and out down to the mile marker. And of course I know every song on every one of those radio stations. And some of the best conversations I have ever had have been in cars with my carpool buddies. Shout out to A!!! I loved your car, man. I was afraid it would burst into flames every time I got into it though. Go, K!! I am still sad that you had to leave me for CofO. Woohoo N!!! You really made me think. You had some fascinating ideas. Yay S!!! We still need to have a Highschool Musical marathon by the way.

Moving. Here is an ode to moving. I moved a total of 5 times in the entirety of my college career. That is an average of once per semester. The funny thing is that all my moving happened in one single year. I'll just chock that one up to a sense of adventure. Although by the 5th time one has to move a fish, a frog, and a hermit crab across the state of Colorado, it is a little old.

Sleep. I love my sleep. It is one of my best friends. But there are those semesters in which I stayed up until 1 or 2 in the morning and got up at 6:45 to leave town by 7 to make it to an 8 o'clock class. That was the semester I fondly entitle "The Jeans and T-shirt Semester". Not to say every semester isn't that way, but most other semesters I will break the mold once or twice a week by wearing *drumroll please* a nice shirt. Whoa! Yeah, I think my calc friends probably thought I was homeless. I wore the same thing for sixteen weeks. I am proud to say that I never pulled an all-nighter for studying though. I listened to my older and wiser friends on that point.

Breaks. I think this is the only time in life one gets two one week breaks, a four week break, and a twelve week break in the span of one year. It's really quite fabulous. My best adventures were had in these breaks...Mexico, Africa, spring break in Mississippi near a beach, wildlife rehab center, dirt farmer, subcontractor, and Cali on Turkey break to name a few.

Labels: