Saturday, November 04, 2006

I Will Carry You

My first ever field research was today. It went well. I am officially a part of Water Sentinels-a group of people who test a local creek for such things as e. Coli, pH, conductivity, phosophorus nitrate and nitrite levels, and temperature. From these things, it is possible to chart the activity of the creek. I am also looking into working in the lab where I can perform more of the tests which I think would be fascinating! Met a new person-Seroj who is from Nepal. We talked about how he missed his family and wasn't sure if he would stay next semester. My brilliant idea is to see if maybe he would like to come to Thanksgiving dinner. I think he just stays in his apartment all weekend and do something. I will try and talk to him when I see him in lab next week. That must be a really hard thing-to be a foreign exchange student. Not only are you in a new place with no one you know, there is a major language barrier to be overcome.

Do you ever feel like you are surrounded by people but are still very alone? I am tired of being ridiculed for values I have. Ah! Just because I have never been on a date and refuse to talk about certain subjects...between married people doesn't make me a prude. It doesn't make me boring. It doesn't make me a freak. If you say my standards are off the wall crazy, well, at least my heart won't be broken over and over again. Maybe I really am waiting for some unattainable dream. At least give me some support...

"It was a beautiful letdown the day I found out I don't belong here" ~Switchfoot

Listen to me, O house of Jacob,
And all the remnant of the house of Israel,
Who have been upheld by Me from birth,
Who have been carried from the womb:
Even to your old age, I am He,
And even to your gray hairs, I will carry you!
I have made, and I will bear;
Even I will carry, and will deliver you.

Forget what we're told Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life
~Snow Patrol

Prayer Requests
-A friend who was just diagnosed with a disease she really can't do much about
-A friend of a friend who is in a very lonely situation. Why do things like this happen in life? It is so hard to understand sometimes. How can the world hold so much hurt?
-Plans to go forward on my missions trip to Africa
-Getting through classes with good grades