Saturday, October 21, 2006

Firsts!

I get to cross off two things from my "list of things to do before I die". The first was rock climb. I did it Thursday, and I am officially a "belayer". Is that a word? I dunno, but I am one. So, if you ever want to climb, let me know, and I am official now. Climb on! :) Admittedly, my shoulders are a litle sore. Guess what I did right before climbing? I ran eight miles. I guess I thought I would cram all my physical activity into one day.

Number two was go to a Jewish service. I did that today. Last night I just decided to go since I really wasn't doing anything. It was really neat. It gave me a lot to think about. The rabbi mentioned the prophecies about the real Jews getting jealous in the last days because of how many Gentiles are doing the things they are supposed to be doing. I found it very interesting how all the people there were Christians, but also Jewish. And the fact that Jesus, Paul, and so many others were Jewish makes me think. It was just a really cool thing. I would like to learn more about it.

And even though this wasn't on my list of things to do before I die, it should have been. I dissected a squid Wednesday, and it was the bomb. Who would have thought a squid was that fascinating. Part of the intrigue probably stemmed from the fact that I live somewhere where there is absolutely no marine life, so I think fish, sharks, and in the case of squids-cephalopods-are very interesting.