Saturday, October 28, 2006

My Weird Side

Now you can see the weird side of me... I have a seven foot long chain of Starburst wrappers. Yeah, kinda freaky I know. :) I started it over the summer when my friends and I ate way too much candy.



You know you are a poor college kid when your Mom buys you socks. :)



I love how Jill does her "thankful posts". It always encourages me to think about the good things in life. So, here goes my list.

I'm thankful for:

Running. The sound of the wind in your ears and the happiness felt after a good run can't be beat.

Isaiah 60:19-22
The sun shall no longer be your light by day,
Nor for brightness shall the moon give light to you;
But the Lord will be to you an everlasting light,
And your God your glory.
Your sun shall no longer go down,
Nor shall your moon withdraw itself;
For the Lord will be your everlasting light,
And the days of your mourning shall be ended.
Also your people shall all be righteous;
They shall inherit the land forever,
The branch of My planting,
The work of My hands,
That I may be glorified.
A little one shall become a thousand,
And a small one a strong nation.
I, the Lord, will hasten it in its time.

An A on a physics quiz that God totally got for me. I did not deserve that A!

Fuzzy blue slippers

The opportunity to talk to Catherine at school

An amazing opportunity to go to Africa

Vanilla ice cream with sprinkles-only 95 cents at Big Burger World :)

Finishing the mapping out of electron orbitals

The ability to earn a school credit by doing something I already do-volunteer at the vet clinic

A brand new notebook to write in

New socks :)

Sitting on the couch watching a movie

Nine weeks of school down, six to go

*Edit Sunday*

Results are in! I got the race results off the internet. Here goes...I was 47th out of 105 female runners. My time was 27:53.06 at an average of a nine minute mile. I would like to speed that up for the next 5K, but I am more of a long distance runner, and I think I will do better in that venue. I like the really short races-1 mile-or longer 10K to half marathon. I pace myself better.