Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Hooray!

Hooray!!! I don't know if I told you guys, but I was accepted into the student journalism "group" of a local newspaper-the Daily Record. I was really excited about it, but when I submitted my first articles, the lady looking at them didn't get back to me for several weeks. Therefore, I thought that my work wasn't good. That was something I could live with, although I was bummed out. However, just this morning, she sent the articles back to me with things I could revise, and they will be going into the paper. Woo hoo! I will be a "published writer". Kinda weird. Anyway, when it comes out, I'll give you all the link to the newspaper, so you can check it out.

Today, my Dad and I are going to work more on the addition he is making to the porch. When he is done with that and I have made my decision about college, he is going to start a room in the basement for me. My very own room! Wow! :) I know that might seem silly, but I have never had my own room-except for before Emily was born, but I vote that doesn't count.

Have a great one!