Friday, June 17, 2005

Part Two...or Three?

Okay, I have a little time, so I will tell about *buh buh buh buh* secret intelligence camp. Yay! While I was there, my name was Molly Denise Durham. Funny name, huh? I like the name Molly, but it is SO not me! The whole week we had to "keep cover". My cover was that I was in the country (It was called Ferrislovakia after the founder of the college) to see the Olympic games. I was with my father-General Durham-to watch field hockey. So, the whole week, whenever people introduced themselves or whatever or asked where we were from, we had to give them our cover. So, by the time I left, I didn't know the truth about anyone, and no one knew the truth about me. It was way bizarre! If we did "break cover" we risked being interrogated by Ferrislovakian security guards. Ach! Scary people. They did such a good job of playing scary that everyone was nervous about being caught or questioned. Some people did a great job of keeping cover-like the guy who made actual business cards for his part. Some didn't-they were "executed" or deported and had to get a whole new identity. How sad.

(By the way, I met one of the guys from Rogueskies-Red October-and he ended up being a security guard. Cool! I also met a girl from RS named Destiny. She was very sweet. And, lastly, Churchpunk and Covenantflood-from RS-had a brother there who taught our case studies and helped in our "missions".)

Anyway, I already told about lectures and the coolio people and "cover". We also went on some field trips-in gigantic tour buses. It was way too cool. I've never been in one of those buses. They're very comfy. And big. We went to the cryptological museum (history of codes and such), Air and Space Museum (where I saw the Enola Gay-it dropped the first atomic bomb used in warfare-awesome), and also the National Spy Museum. That was awesome. I love all that spy stuff. If you ever get to D.C., try it out.

Now the best part of camp: the missions. The whole plot was that this country we were in-Ferrislovakia-had the components to make an atomic bomb. We-Americans under the guise of going to the Ferrislovakian Olympics-were supposed to get this person to sell the stuff to us. There were twelve different agencies trying to do this. (We were basically competing against each other.) My agency was INSCOM (or PONDSCUM as we fondly call it) and we came in fourth. Hooray! Altogether, we had four different missions.....

This is getting really long, so I will save the rest for later. Sorry to stop at a bad place-bwahahaha.