Sunday, May 22, 2005

Spud Gun



Wicked....
I finally did it! I made a potato gun. Honestly, I've wanted to do this since I was like ten. And I finally did it. My Dad and I made it. It is composed of PVC pipe, a ball valve, and a tire valve. Awesomely enough, it shoots way far-like 30 yards. You just close the valve, stuff the potatoes in, pump air in with a bike pump or whatever, and then release the valve. POOF!! :<) I shot off stuff besides potatoes too. Like water, sand, rocks. I think it would be awesome to make one with bigger pipe circumference and then shoot water balloons out of it. Neat, huh? So, that is obviously me in the pic. Disclaimer: I am in my junky clothes. I got that shirt from the thrift store like 3 or 4 years ago. And those shorts are ancient. Seriously. I think I've had them since I was about 12. And I'm not exaggerating. So, my next endeavor is to make a giant slingshot. Seriously! It is so cool! It will be like six to ten feet when stretched out fully. One person will hold the right side, one person will hold the left, and one person will pull the part that holds whatever-probably a water balloon. Most of this stuff is in this awesome book-Backyard Ballistics.

Great quote!
"
Less educated people, and others who are insecure in their opinion, cling to their opinion lest they be shown up as fools, because the only sure sign of foolishness that we accept anymore is when someone confesses to it. It is exactly in this clinging to opinion, however, that their foolishness is revealed. A learned person trusts greatly in his power of thinking, and little in the thoughts themselves. And, in my experience, freely and joyfully admitting your own foolishness is the only reliable way of shaming others." By Eddie Thomas.