Tuesday, May 24, 2005

My Bizarre Choice



Many of you are probably wondering what in the world this picture is all about. It's supposed to be Romeo and Juliet. :) Who hasn't heard the story in one way or another? It's my favorite Shakespeare play. But that is besides the point. I posted this picture just for fun.

Many people think I'm bizarre when I tell them about things that I've decided. It all started a few years ago-when I was thirteen. It was my thirteenth birthday and my Dad took me out to breakfast-Waffle Wagon to be exact. :) Yummy! I think I got French toast. Anyway, my Dad gave me a ring when we were there. It was a promise ring. It meant that I wasn't going to date until I was considering marriage, and until then my Dad and God are my "boyfriends". Ha ha! I get two! JK. :) Anyway, at first, I think it was my parent's choice for me not to date. But after a while it became my choice. I realized how silly dating was and how cool waiting really was.

So, it may sound dorky, but I am 17 and I've never been on a date. I've never been to prom, I've never gone to dinner with a guy. I've never been to a movie with a guy. I've never kissed a guy. Weird!! No, my life isn't boring. I take the time that I have and use it for things that many people consumed with dating can't do. I think that when people date, things are too . . . noncommited. It happens so often that my friends date for a few months-or even a few weeks. They're consumed with the person for that amount of time and then soon enough they just break up. I think it is sad. I believe that it sets a pattern later on. When you're married and you don't like each other anymore, why not just get a divorce? But not only that, it seems to result in so much sadness. I honestly don't know how some of these people deal with the constant rejection.

So, now that I've told you a little bit of how weird I am, I have to go eat lunch. I'll post more about this topic next time.