Saturday, December 09, 2006

Trust

Psalm 22:4-5
In you our fathers put their trust;
they trusted and you delivered them.

They cried to you and were saved;
in you they trusted and were not disappointed.


Psalm 22:19
So that your trust may be in the LORD,

I teach you today, even you.

Psalm 37:5-7
Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him and he will do this:

He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn,
the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.

Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when men succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes.


Psalm 16:20

Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers,
and blessed is he who trusts in the LORD.


Basically, my life is all about trusting God right now. Finding my rest in Him despite the circumstances. Come to think of it, life since turning 18 has been like that. Yet me in idiotic human state :) has just not realized it until lately. I thought I was "going through a hard time" and I just had to keep persevering. True, yet the main thing was trusting Him. The thought of how much harder I made things on myself makes me cringe. This six months have been crazy. I had some really hard stuff go on with...well, with everything. With my Mom, with my Dad, with my sister, with friends, with someone who wanted to be more than a friend, with school, with school, and with school. The point is to give it all to Him! All of it. My fears, my dreams, desires, hopes, failures, and successes. Absolutely everything.

I've really been struggling with being content with the prospect of College of the Ozarks constantly dangling in front of my nose. It's like putting a bowl of ice cream in front of me while I'm trying to do homework. It does not work. I can't concentrate! :) The point is to be content where I am at now. Trust that God really does has a plan. I can't see it right now, but He's got it in His hands.

When you're lonely
And it feels like the whole world is falling on you
You just reach out, you just cry out to Jesus
Cry to Jesus
~Third Day "Cry Out to Jesus"

Labels: