Sunday, November 26, 2006

R.I.P. Thanksgiving Break

R.I.P. Thanksgiving break. I am currently in denial about the fact that I am supposed to return to school tommorrow. I am choosing to make my own reality-one in which school doesn't start until, oh, I don't know, three weeks down the road. :)

It was an excellent break. I got less homework done than I should, but I am honestly happy about it. I am glad I didn't bury myself in the books and have no break. Rather, I had fun with friends and had a few firsts. I had and lost dreadlocks in a matter of a week. Yes, I took my dreads out yesterday. I decided it was too time consuming with finals coming up, and I also like to run. A runner must wash their hair daily. A person with dreads must not wash their hair daily. One had to go. I choose the matted hair. It took about half an hour and half a bottle of conditioner. By the time I got out of the bathroom, my fingers were raisin-like from all the water. My second first: my first cup of coffee. Man, was I proud! Carly and I went to get coffee and talk about missions trip plans. I got a candy cane latte. Yup, that was a good first. And hanging out with Carissa, Josh, Sarah, Daisy, Ashley, and Sam was fun.

I also came to a conclusion of something that will be helping me free up time. Don't need the distraction right now. Oh, great, then I turn around, and I have another....Darn me! :)

Please pray!!! God has been showing me lately how powerful prayer is. It is an amazing weapon we have. I was just wondering if you guys would pray that College of the Ozarks would work out. I cannot tell you how much I want to be over there in this coming up spring semester. I have several people telling me they think it is God's will, and I am struggling with being simultaneously trusting and content in the situation I am currently in. Please pray! I would appreciate it so much!

Labels: