Sunday, December 03, 2006

Half Marathon

Okay, so this is the third time I have attempted this post. I was attempting pictures, but no such luck. Curses upon Blogger Beta. I hate it! I foresee the demise of pictures on my blog.

Anyway, here we go for the third time on this particular post.

So, I finished my half marathon yesterday. The months of running like a chicken with my head cut off-except I have my head-has been rewarded by my finally finishing. It was not as hard as I thought it would be. I am pretty sore today, but that is because I neglected the whole stretching part of running. He he he! I ran it in 2 hours and 20 minutes which was about an average of an 11 minute mile. I was pulling off 10 minute miles for the first six miles or so, but then it started to go downhill from there. In other words, I believe I started to get a little tired. My goal for next year-yes I plan on going back and anyone who lives in Colorado should go-is to go for a ten minute mile the whole way through.

I got third place-I was trying to post pics of medals-which was my first ever placing for a run. That was quite exciting! It was neat to have all the hard work pay off. The coolest part was running farther than I have ever run before. Once I passed the 11 mile, I knew the rest would be farther than I had ever gone before. It was a great feeling! Now all I have to do is run 13.2 miles to get the same feeling. :)

The weather was crazy. Twenty-four degrees with ice and snowing the whole time. A few people fell flat on their backs on the ice. It would have been amusing if they weren't on their backs groaning. Bummer!

You could also be praying for my Dad. He tried to run it, but his knees basically gave out. Since he has been doing tile for twenty years, his knees aren't the best. I passed him walking at the 10.5 mile area. I was really worried about him, because I one of the main traits I got from my Dad was not quitting even if the world is coming to an end. His not running meant something was pretty bad. So, I waited about half an hour for him. He walked to the finish line-yes, he finished! :) I was so worried about him that I started crying. He is on the couch today supposed to be resting, but prayer would be appreciated as he does have work coming up this week. Thanks!

one.word.answers.
no.explanations.

1. Yourself: original
2. Your boyfriend/girlfriend (spouse): non-existant
3. Your hair: brown
4. Your mother: friend
5. Your Father: hug
6. Your Favorite Item: pencil
7. Your dream last night: drunk
8. Your Favorite drink: water
9. Your Dream Car: CJ-5
10. The room you are in: den
11. Your Ex: non-existant
12. Your fear: failure
13. What you want to be in 10 years? happy
14. Who you hung out with last night? sister
15. What You’re Not? trusting
16. Muffins: sugary
17. One of Your Wish List Items: sweatshirt
18. Time: 10:58
19. The Last Thing You Did: homework
20. What You Are Wearing: comfy
21. Your Favorite Weather: snowy!
22. Your Favorite Book: numerous
23. The Last Thing You Ate: oatmeal
24. Your Life: opportunities
25. Your Mood: over-studied
26. Your best friend: few
27. What are you thinking about right now? CofO
28. Your car: off-road
29. What are you doing at the moment? typing
30. Your summer: good+bad
31. Your relationship status: non-existant
32. What is on your TV? static
33. What is the weather like? snowy!
34. When is the last time you laughed? unknown

Labels: