Saturday, September 30, 2006

All Kinds of Stuff

Hola, all! If this post is a little odd, blame MTV. It's the cause of all the world's current problems-including my lack of sleep. I went to Sarah's last night for her birthday. The night owls stayed up until 4:30 watching music videos while I snoozed. When I woke up, they said I have odd sleeping habits. Yeah, falling asleep to a mix of Weird Al, Christina Aguilera, and Hinder (only some of which are worth wasting time listening to-very little at that); having sudden candy shock a system that a poor college kid hasn't had in weeks, and scrunching up on half a couch to sleep can do that to a person. :)

It's really good to hear your voice saying my name
It sounds so sweet
Coming from the lips of an angel
Hearing those words it makes me weak
And I never wanna say goodbye

Sometimes I wonder if my standards are too high. Once I turned 18, I feel like I turned around, and a lot of my friends are in some sort of a serious relationship. I tell people I would really like to get married to the first guy I date. I don't want to waste a ton of time with casual dating, thinking I may someday stumble across someone. My last wish I to be hurt over and over until I find "the one". Recently, I was talking to some friends. I was told that a mutual friend had started dating a girl he knew. When I said I don't want to go out with a guy who has already dated, I got some weird looks. Where do I draw the line between following what God has called me to and standards that are too high? I keep my standards to avoid all the hurt I see out there. Why in the world would I want my heart ripped out repeatedly trying to find someone? But then I keep being told, that ideal person I have in my head doesn't really exist. I won't find him, and with the standards I have up, I'll never have a date. Is the truth that I am actually just scared?
But, wait! I guess that is where I am supposed to revert to all this stuff I read about and store up in my brain to remind myself of something. First, I technically don't want to find a guy for a while. I have lots to do first. :) Second, today, I know His will for me does not include a significant someone. Believe me, no one that I've met exists at CSU. All the guys I've met are either married, partiers, or they have some mysterious disease that makes it impossible to utter a word to girls.
I guess I technically don't have to figure my dilemna out right now. Luckily though, my physics lab partners seem to have forgotten about the dude they were trying to hook me up with. I was coming dangerously close to having to say "I don't date" and getting the "what planet are you from?" look. :)

I told you guys a few weeks ago about my opportunity to possibly go to Africa next summer. I have been corresponding with the missionaries in an attempt to get some of the details figured out. It turns out that what I may be doing is teaching preschool kids while I am over there. I was so excited when she e-mailed me, asking if I was interested in that area. In other words, I basically said, YEAH, BABY! :) Maybe I will go over there and love the teaching so much, I will get certified to be an elementary teacher. I had that idea over spring break, but dismissed it. Wow, I appear to be so undirected lately. I am just not generally that type of person. I guess it is God's way of keeping me looking to Him constantly for direction, huh?

Miscellaneous news: I didn't end up housesitting. :( I was quite sad, but that is life I guess.
I heard back from CofO and they said in order to receive financial aid, I have to have a kid, be an orphan, or be 25. Nope, I don't fit any of that criteria. Man, talk about God closing every door I try. Okay, bright side, I guess that will make the one door that is open very obvious, huh? :)

Sorry about the long post. Just had a lot to catch up on I guess.