Thursday, September 28, 2006

Hooray!

My last post was at the height of my freakout. I went so far as to think maybe I should drop all my current classes, work two full times jobs and cut my losses. I could even have my crazy college kid semester-travel and all that. Okay, so I decided not to drop all my classes. I want to rationally explore all my options. I will leave the irrational leaving the country until I have a summer open or am graduated from school. Anyway, my plan is to finish this semester as best I can. Next semester, I want to take all the classes I am interested in: literature, writing, and photography. I am already excited. I looked at the class schedule. Yeah, I know, it isn't even midterms for the semester I am in, but I am excited! Anyway, it looks like I can take the classes that I want. And it also looks like I will be able to come to school only 2 or 3 days a week. I wouldn't mind if school was closer, but since I spend about 2 hours driving time each day, the time certainly adds up. That way I can work on my off days and do homework. It will be great! This is going to be fun...

Oooh, good news! I am housesitting. I am so excited. It was the weirdest thing. Yesterday I was trying-again-to figure out if it was possible for me to support myself completely-live in an apartment or something and go to school...nope! :) As my Mom said last night, circumstances are preventing me. :) Well, I guess that is not in God's timing right now. Anyway, I was thinking about housesitting. One of my friends is doing it right now, and I was thinking about how cool that would be. My own house for a few weeks. This is no joke, but about half an hour later, somebody called, seeing if I was available. Wow! So, I have a job. And it pays! Yay, the poor college student is getting some money. Finally! :)

Have a fabulous Thursday!!

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible. But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

This is what I was reading last night (Hebrews 13). Perfect time for it. It reminds me that the whole faith thing really is tangible. It is not some pie in the sky thing that we can't reach. It is real. God says something, we believe it. God has promised me certain things, and I will believe them. He said He will get me through physics. I will. I don't know if it will be a great grade, but I will get through it.
Also, He rewards those who diligently seek Him. I am in a crazy hard place right now, but I think I am being pretty diligent to put things in His hands. I can't do it alone! There are things that I really want right now-like going to College of the Ozarks. I have faith that if it is in His will, he is going to get me there. No matter what my FAFSA says, and no matter what place I am on the waiting list. He will take me wherever I need to go!