Monday, August 14, 2006

School and Royal Priesthood

Well, the countdown has begun. Exactly two weeks until I start school. And it is going to be intense! Monday school from 9 to 5, Tuesday 9 to 3, Wednesday 9 to 3, Thursday 12 to 12:50, and Friday is about 4 hours. When I am not working, I will be working, doing homework, volunteering at the vet clinic, playing soccer, possibly doing karate, maybe being involved in Campus Crusade and biology club. Ha! It's gonna be great. I am ready for real life to start. The summer has been great, but I am ready to get down to business! I'll be commuting to Pueblo daily, so I am hoping to find some carpool members in order to save dinero on gas. Hopefully that won't last long as I may be heading to Missouri. I hope!!!! :)

It is so amazing to see all my graduated friends going off to school. They all already left or are leaving in a matter of days. It is so sad to see them go, but yet again very exciting to see what the future will bring.

Thought: God appointed pieces of land to each of the twelve tribes-all except one. The tribe of Levi who was the priestly tribe. They were given the inheritance of God. What an amazing thought. Who cares about land when you've got God. Then I got to thinking about it, and I realized that in 1 Peter 2, we are called a royal priesthood. We are the ones with God as our inheritance. What an amazing gift! Plus, I liked this group of verses since it talked about being rejected by men, but chosen by God. Once again, it doesn't matter what men think of us. Rather, the fact that we are chosen and special in God's eyes matters.

Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious, you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.