Monday, July 31, 2006

Life in general

Summer is coming to a close. I know this because all the seniors are leaving in like two weeks. Ah! I am literally the only one I know staying here. Quite sad! However, I am wanting to focus on the fact that this is where God has me right now. I know this is His will, because no matter how hard I try, it seems like this semester, I am living at home and going to CSU-P. Therefore, I wish to focus on what He wants from me this semester. What really is the point of staying here in Canon and going to school in Pueblo. God, open My eyes to see Your will. Put things directly in front of me-the things you want for me.

I am working on my guitar more. I want to actually be able to play and sing. Hopefully write some stuff eventually. I have written a bit of poetry, but I have always been confused as to how to put that stuff to music. Hmm, guess I'll just have to to dive right in, huh? Anyway, I pretty much figured out how to play "Run" by Snow Patrol. It is still pretty rusty, but sounds semi-okay. Wow! I figured out a song all by myself. Woohoo!

Also, I think I have been wasting time. What is the point to all this junk I have been doing? It is so shallow and surfacey. Why can't anyone under the age of, oh, I don't know, 21, have a deep conversation. Do we always have to talk about nothing? I'm pretty tired of it! Let's actually get out there and live the reality. It seems like too many times we forget that we were put on this earth for a reason-to bring glory to God. Do I ever do that? Hanging out with friends watching movies or watching movies. How am I bringing glory to God in that sense? Yeah, I really think I need school to start. Then I can start being involved with non-Christians, get into Campus Crusade-hopefully, start again at the vet's office, start on my art lessons, and be practicing guitar again. Oh, and school. Learning. Not just vegging all the time. I'm just wandering again. I slacked off big time. Ah! I so get what Paul says about always doing what we don't want to do, and not doing what we do want to do. I have to keep my eye on the prize. Run with endurance the race that is set before me!