Sunday, August 13, 2006

Hebrews

So, I think God was really directing me to this chapter this morning. I thought I was reading in James. I found something I liked, and I was about to write down the reference. Suddenly, I realized I happened to be in Hebrews, not James. This was really something I needed, so God definantly met me where I was at. If I look to Him for my fulfillment, He does not fail me.

I realize that I have been making the mistake of looking to people for fulfillment. Since I was so wrapped up in that, I could not hear what God wanted for me. He obviously wanted me out of all of that, because all of it seems to crumbling around me. I finally had something I always wanted, and now it is all walking away without me. I guess all good things must come to an end as someone says.... It is interesting how when I base my contentment and fulfillment on things and not God, it really never fails to move on without me.

Hebrews 13:1-6

Verse 1: "Let brotherly love continue."
No matter what, do not act out in anger. I still need to continue in brotherly-or sisterly-love.

Verse 2: "Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels." Whoever the person is, be the type of friend Jesus would have been.

Verse 3: "Remember the prisoners as if chained with them--those who are mistreated--since you yourselves are in the body also." Remember those who are often left out of groups. They are all brothers and sisters in Christ.

Verse 4: "
Marriage is honorable among all, and the bed undefiled; but fornicators and adulterers God will judge." Some people are just dumb, let God figure it out.

Verse 5: "Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." So, don't be covetousness of what others have. Instead I need to focus on what I do have. No matter what happens, he is always with me.

Verse 6: "So we may boldly say:
"The Lord is my helper;
I will not fear.
What can man do to me?""
I have focused too much lately on how men affect me. That is beside the point. I need to be a light and good influence to others, but besides that, God is the one I go to for my comfort and fulfillment. If God is for me, who can be against me?