Monday, August 28, 2006

Pyromaniacs and Showers

I have come to a conclusion about myself. I find too many things amusing...For example, today in my zoology lab, I was the only one laughing at something that I thought should have been evidently hilarious to absolutely everyone present. All 15 of us... So, I'm sitting in my chair, trying to find a comfortable position in these stupid stools while the droning professor-don't get me wrong, he's nice, he just drones a lot-talks about the rules of the laboratory. There were literally 21. Wow, I thought I had graduated from that type of thing coming out of highschool. Guess not. Well, I also thought I graduated from stupidity in highschool. Guess not. This is evidenced by the fact that there is a shower in the lab room. A huge dome that apparently dumps a ton of water on you when you pull a lever. Now imagine this sentence in a completely calm, monotone voice. "In case anyone catches on fire or begins to burn, please note the location of the shower". Uh, exscuse me, but did you just say what I think you said. I look around and nobody responds. I guess they were all asleep, because I was trying pretty hard not to laugh. I almost covered my mouth with my hand to stifle the laughter, but, wait, I am not supposed to touch my hand to my face in lab, because who knows what dangerous toxins linger in this room. That is literally what I was told.

So, yeah, that is my funny story. In other news, it is the first day and I am already wondering how I will get all this work done. :) I am excited though. Zoology seems like it will be a blast, and chem and physics will be a real challenge. I am not extremely excited about it, but it shouldn't be bad. The university setting is certainly more intense. It isn't as cushy and encouraging. More along the lines of "Get three wrong on this paper, and you automatically get an F". What happened to come talk to me if you are having problems, and we will see what we can do. Maybe set up an individual tutoring session or something along those lines....:)

It makes me see positives in things. To preface this, at this point, I want nothing more than to go to College of the Ozarks, but I also see the stress in being in this uncomfortable situation, but also not being near home so you can get away from the whole setting. Rather you have to go back to your dinky dorm and live it out.

Well, I better go. I seriously have a ton of homework. The irony of it all. Here is the official good-bye to free time. Very official.