Saturday, August 26, 2006

Pieces

I love this band. I am pretty excited that they have a new CD. Go here and listen to "Gentlemen".

Don't concern yourself
With this mess you've left for me
I can clean it up, you see
Just as long as you're gone

Where does one draw the line between anger and bitterness? Anger is just fine, but then it grows into something wrong. I guess right now I don't care. I don't care about any of it anymore. I'm just tired of trying and trying and trying and hitting a brick wall every time. What is the point of picking myself up if I just keep falling. Why not stay on the ground if that is the only place I am ever at?

'Cause someday maybe
Somebody will love me like I need
And someday I won't have to prove
'Cause somebody will see
all my worth but until then
I'll do just fine on my own
With my cigarettes
And this old dirt road

They always say a strong person picks themself up over and over again. No matter how hard it gets. Sometimes you have to crawl. That's all you have the strength for. Is that what life is all about? Just picking yourself up over and over again?

I ain't gonna sleep
I ain't gonna dream
About the things that I used to need
I ain't gonna cry
Or go on living lies
I'm just gonna drive

Okay, so I keep going. Don't let the anger get me down. Even if the only thing good thing they've done for me is teach me strength. Teach me endurance. All right, I'll just leave it at that. I thought maybe it would be more than that, but okay. Life goes on. Life goes on, but who knows if I can trust enough again.