Thursday, July 27, 2006

Continuing

Thanks for all the excellent comments. There is a lot to think about! I have concluded several things-at least for now. I realize that opinions change as one experiences more of life. For one, I realize-as I did before-that there are certainly general differences between guys and girls. Specifically emotional ones. In general, there have been studies that show that women have a more inate sense of mercy, and guys of justice. This may not be true for all, but it is in general the way things work. This brought me to a very obvious conclusion that when a guy and a girl get married, they really do balance each other out. Instead of an extreme of mercy and one of justice, the two come together and balance each other out, causing something that is closer to what Jesus goes for. Both 0f them used, but at different times in different situations.

Second, I believe that generally women are capable of the same exact things men are. Biologically speaking, as stated before, men generally have more muscle mass, therefore often run faster or lift more. However, I believe it is also true that many women with hard work can do a lot of things men can do. Concerning such things as decision making, I think women are perfectly capable. However, once again, it is probably true that when two people come together, the decision is better since two opposite personalities have come together to make a more balanced opinion.

This all to say that I believe men and women are COMPLETELY and UTTERLY equal. They just generally have differences, and I as I hear from many, it seems that when those two come together, things are more complete. Which makes me wonder about Paul who says that if at all possible stay single. I guess everyone has a diferent calling in life, right?

I would like to address something Rabenstrange mentioned: "I think it is healthy for young people to focus on marriage and preparing themselves to be a good partner.

Next to the decision to follow Christ, marriage is the biggest decision a person can make. It is also one of the most fulfilling things in life.

Obviously an obsession with the future can be harmful but I think Ms. Friedan makes a serious error in trying to dampen the dream of marriage for girls."

I totally agree. I think marriage is a huge and awesome decision that one should totally prepare for all of a lifetime. I just think it is kind of a bummer (this could just be a personal thing) when I meet girls-or even guys-that have only the dream of getting married. Okay, that is fine. But until the day they do get married, they really don't do anything. I think the years of being single are an excellent time to serve God. Serve Him in a way you may not be able to when you have a husband and possibly kids to consider.