Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Randomness and Saturday

Hello fellow Rachelanians. Oh, wait, wrong town. Anyway, hola to the peoples of earth! If you are not from earth, welcome to the planet. I hope you enjoy it, although we have some weird practices here.

I am really drawing a blank here. Therefore, the stupidity is coming into play. I just got back from scrimmaging a bunch of 4th, 5th, and 6th graders. That was fun. Makes me want to play soccer again.

Crisis of the moment: Should I do swim team this year? Practices are at nights, and I only have three nights of the week I can be out. Parent's rule. Obviously, practices would take up some of my time, therefore I am trying to decide if it is worth it. The fact that certain kids on the team may be "coaching" for the first while is putting a bit of a damper on the yeah aspect of the argument.

Another paragraph...Oh, yes, I was going to talk about Saturday. Well, Saturday morning I was basically dead. I mean a day of Where's Waldo, helicopters, cliff divers, and getting flashed is pretty darn draining, don't you think? So, we get to the park at like 9:00 on a Saturday morning. Needless to say, no one was there. We got some stuff set up, played a lively game of "Clap, Clap, Slap", then went on to passing out flyers. The food started at noon, and people started coming into the park as early as 11:30. We started by passing out food. Once that slowed down, I started helping kids out with kites. Wow! That was crazy. Fifteen kids at once clamoring to know how to put their kites together is tough. Thank God for picture directions! :) Well, they started flying them, and I started talking to them. One in particular was a little first grade boy. He was living with cousins along with his sister. He obviously had a bad family situation, and that was a little hard for me to fathom. He's like 7, I'm 17, and he has had way more problems in his life than I have ever had. Well, it is hard to portray really cool experiences or strong feelings, so just take what I write and maximize it by ten or so. It was just amazing to see these kid's faces light up once they got their kites in the air. It just seemed like they forgot their problems and were able to enjoy a blessing God had for them. It was amazing! Through it all, God really spoke to me. I know that sounds a little odd, but it is true. He just really let me feel at peace with totally relying on Him about my future. I don't need to know exactly about all my college plans and have my future career or family all figured out. I just need to take it day by day in His will and plan. It has really been amazing, because I have come across opportunities already to show God's love to others. I was so focused on the future instead of the present prior to this that I think I missed a lot of opportunities. It's crazy really! So now I am trying to take life day by day and constantly ask Him what he wants. I'll write more later.