Tuesday, March 28, 2006

More of the Trip and a Tag

I've been tagged by Woody.

Book and Movie tag

1. What's the book you've cried hardest in? A long time ago, Where the Red Fern Grows made me cry. I know it's silly, but I just couldn't believe BOTH his dogs died. Ah!


2. What's the movie you've cried hardest in? Movies don't make me cry. Oh, wait, Free Willy made me cry. What is this animal theme?

3. What's the worst movie you've watched? Well, I really don't like Kung Pow or that Holy Grail movie. I seriously am pulling a total blank. What is it called??!! The sad thing is my friends and my sister love these movies.

4. What's the most ridiculous movie you've watched? What is the difference between ridiculous and worst? Ridiculous is absurd or preposterous and worst is poor or unfavorable according to the dictionary. Okay, then, I guess, ridiculous and worst would describe the above two. Blasphemy, I know.

5. What's the most disappointing book you've read? Um, that is difficult. The first thing that comes to mind is The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin. I thought it would be interesting, but it bored me so much I didn't finish it.

6. What's the funniest movie you've watched? I am not a funniest or best or favorite person. I just can't recall. I'll admit that I think What About Bob? and Time Bandits are quite comically entertaining. Oh, and Clifford is good. Not the big red dog...

7. What's the silliest book you've ever read?Well, I am faced with yet another superlative. Uh, hmm, that is difficult. Oh! I hate the Francis books that my little sister loves me to read her for her bedtime story. Ah!

8. What are a couple of books you're dying to read?
Ha, I have a whole notebook full of things to read including "The Jungle", "The Golden Compass" books, "Watership Down", "An Ideal Husband", "The Picture of Dorian Gray", "Moby Dick", and the list goes on and on.

9. What are a couple of movies you're dying to watch? "Troy", "Exorcism of Emily Rose", "The Exorcist", "Harry Potter" movies-These are all my parents have decided to not have us watch. Sadly, they all sound highly fascinating. :O)

I tag Josh and Carissa.

Well, to continue the whole missions trip stuff. Friday was basically a fun day. I honestly felt bad about doing all this awesome stuff when I came for a missions trip. Saturday, however, made up for all of that. So, I'll get to that tommorrow or something. Anyway, Friday, Sarah, Greg, Ashley, and I were the ones to figure out the lightrail. That was interesting considering I had never even ridden one. To make a short story boring [ha ha! That was funny!], we ended up having to take a collection to ride the lightrail, had to get off the wrong one, and take the right one, and got to where we were going just a wee bit late. Then we talked about inner city Denver with the people who run the church we were helping out. We took a prayer walk which I didn't realize was a prayer walk until we got back, then we took a tour of Denver in a double decker bus. Yeah, a double decker bus. Whoa! Then we mysteriously drove into an airport. Okay, what the heck are we doing here. Ashely was like "Maybe we'll take a plane ride!". Me and my skepticism replied "Yeah, right!". In a nicer way of course. However, she was right. Sort of. We seriously took a helicopter tour of Denver. It was amazing! It way bigger than I ever thought. So many of the people down there need God so badly. They are wasting away their days without him. Off to dinner-Casa Bonita. Never been but heard of it, so it was cool to try it out. Gross food, but the "entertainment" made up for it. Then we got to the hotel again, ready for bed. But the day was not yet over...We played "Where's Waldo?"-in a large scale type setting of course. My team won! Ha ha! In the process got some great stories-like "darn skippy good breakfast". Wow, that was great! Somewhere in the course of this day, I was looking out the window of the bus. I just happened to be looking out at the wrong time. Some girl flashed the bus. I am scarred for life. And no one else saw it...I guess that is a good thing....