Monday, March 27, 2006

I'm Back!

I got back around 5:00 yesterday. I was so tired out, but I learned some amazing things, and it was so worth it. I'll just do one day at a time, because it is too much to talk about it all at once.

We left on Thursday around 1:00. I'm just standing in the parking lot, talking to Kirsten and this huge bus rolls up. It says Bachelor County Jail and it has bars painted on the windows. Seriously. We certainly had interesting transportation over the weekend-more on that later. :) Anyway, on the way up, we found a few empty vodka bottles and way too many cigarette butts. Remnants of the last users of the bus I guess....So, we get to Denver and find out we are staying in a Holiday Inn. I had no clue. He hinted at something more along the lines of a hostel or a parking lot as far as sleeping accomadations go. Big surprise! Well, our first surprise was when we learned he was going to split us into teams and assign us different tasks. One of the team's first task was to find a place to eat for under 10 bucks per person. That took way too long! Like 45 minutes seriously. But that's okay. My team made a fool of ourselves when we had to do our assignment the next morning...Anyway, we ate and then we talked a bit about what we expected to get out of the mission trip. I personally just wanted to follow God's leading. That didn't come until Saturday, but when it did it was amazing. Then off to bed...

By the way, on Friday, I am going to do a "highschool" picture post. My Mom is doing funny highschool pics on her blog. Since I am obviously a senior, mine won't be as "outdated" :), but it will still be interesting-maybe to show you guys what I looked like in 9th, 10th, and 11th grade. If anyone would like to do the same-post some highschool pics, go right ahead. It would be fun! :)