Thursday, March 09, 2006

Purple Monkeys

Okay, so the title has absolutely nothing to do with anything. :) Just to warn you.

Guess what I did today!!?? I went to the vet's office and helped deliver puppies. It was one of the neatest things I have ever done. He had to do an emergency cesarean on a Lhasa Apso. I walked in just in time. By the time we had finished getting her prepped for surgery, one pup was already...ready to meet life. So, anyway, that one arrived, and I got to be the one to get it to start breathing. I have never done it before, so it was very interesting. You have to like swing the poor little things around to get all the gunk out of their nose and then you have to rub them very vigorously to get their hearts going. It was so neat to see them wake up and start yelping and crawling around. I loved it! So, yeah. You guys probably thought all that was really weird. Or it grossed you out. But, oh well, I thought it was amazing!

It is so cool how God just comes up with this crazy stuff. I have found that even more so while working at the vet's office. All of this stuff-even in a dog or a cat is so complex and intricate. God designed us so lovingly and thoughtfully. Have you ever stopped to think about how a baby-human or animal lives in another being's stomach for weeks or months. God created it so well that they can actually completely live in the stomach for a long time. The even more amazing part is how they can transition from that to the real world so easily and naturally. So many people say stuff about nature providing or nature showing the way. Yeah right! It is totally God. It is impossible not to see that. Even his creation shows his handiwork.

Psalms 139:14-16 says “I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.

That is the coolest verse. Our relationship with God started even before we were born.

Have an excellent weekend! You guys could be praying for me Saturday. I have an interview that could give me a scholarship paying for all of my tuition for the rest of my bachelor's degree days. :)