Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Puzzle and Veterinarian



I just finished this yesterday! I don't know how well you can see it, but it is a 1,000 piece puzzle. It is actually pretty cool, because it is also a maze-an escape from prison. :) I started to love puzzle as soon as I finally finished my first. It was a 550 piece Wizard of Oz one. I had never finished one before, so there was never really any motivation to start another. I told my Dad it is like an addiction. As soon as I finish one, I am TOTALLY hyped up to start another. There is a wicked cool puzzle store in a town about forty-five minutes from Canon City, and I am hoping to get there pretty soon. Until then, maybe I will redo one that I already have....

Rabenstrange asks a question: " I assume you're on the semester system? I am so glad Washington is mostly on the quarter system.

What were your criteria for college selection?

I've never understood why smart people become veterenarians (I'm not saying they aren't smart, I know they are.). If you're going to go to school for that long, why not become a doctor for people? You'll be healing hurting humans, a far nobler calling (in my opinion) than helping non-sentient animals. Additionally, you'll be making several times as much money. Maybe you can explain. You seem to be pretty sure of your major and you're pretty smart."

I have considered the same thing. Eight+ years of school to just be a veterinarian and not be paid...anything? Why not be a "people doctor"? I think there are a few reasons. One of the biggest is it has just been something I have wanted to do for a really long time. When I was seven or eight, I used to check a book called "A Day in the Life of a Veterinarian" out literally every single time I went to the library. Before I knew about the amount of schooling and pay, I knew that was what I wanted to do. So, when it comes to all the logistics, it is harder, but that makes it even more worth it.
The second reason is because I don't like people. :) People are very rude, self-centered, deceptive, and greedy. I have never met an animal that is any one of these things. They might be rude, but that is because their owners are rude. An animal rarely gets mad when you have to give them shots or something in order to heal them. When you don't want to talk, it's okay-because they obviously don't talk. Sometimes it even seems like they understand you without talking. No matter what you do to an animal-mostly dogs-it seems like they are still your friend. So, those are my reasons-regardless of how illogical they may be. Thanks, Rabenstrange!