Wednesday, June 22, 2005

My Sister + The New York Pretzel



Here is one of the pictures from vacation. It is Tootie and a New York pretzel. :<)

New York was probably one of the best parts of the vacation! It was so bizarre compared to, well, Canon City. I felt like such a country bumpkin! I was fascinated by taxis, tons of traffic, and lines of police cars 10 vehicles long. (I really wondered where they were going.) Yeah, it may be dorky, but I loved it. We went to Central Park and ate lunch there. My sister actually had a hot dog. This is amazing, because she is basically a vegetarian! I was so proud. :<)

Then we walked 44 blocks to the Metropolitain Art Museum. Seriously. It was worth it though. I saw so many interesting things along the way. An Irish cabby, Broadway (Yes-Broadway!), the Trump Tower, neato statues, street performers, and interesting people. That was probably the coolest part. The people were so diverse!

I would really like to go again someday and see the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and Ground Zero!

By the way, I really am going to try and keep up with blogging over the summer, but I am SO busy with working full time and swimming a gazillion hours a week. So, I will do my best, but I might be on a little less than usual.