Wednesday, May 11, 2005

It Has Begun...Nearly

Well, it is time. Time to get up at 5:30 in order to get to the pool at six. Yeah, six in the morning. Can you believe it? I think it's modern day torture if you ask me. But, if so, why do I do it? You know, I really haven't quite figured that one out. We swim 6:00 to 8:45 Monday through Friday in the mornings and havetwo practices at night from 5:00 to 6:30. This doesn't include meets on the weekend! When you add it up, it's like 22 hours a week of swimming. (Correct me if my math is off. I'm slacking now that school is over.) With meets, add like another 5 hours on Saturday and Sunday. But I love it. :<)

This season will be my third. I really-I mean really-sucked the first season. I was the kid that couldn't swim. At all. The second was better. I could keep up with kids my age. And this year, I hope to make it to league again and hopefully Junior Olympics. Man, that would rock!

My favorite stroke is freestyle. I also like breaststroke. Backstroke is okay. Frankly, I can't do the butterfly if I had to do it in order to prevent getting Cheetos stuffed up my nose. Just a demo of how bad I am at it.

If you care, here is a website. I don't know who did it, so I think it's okay to say this. I think my sister could have done so much better. But still, it's kinda fun. Right when you click on, you'll see last year's team pic. I'm the chic to the right of the chic in the bright green. I probably look like a dork, cause it's like 6:00 in the morning. That's the other thing...why do we take pictures then. Ugh! Oh, yeah, my sis is the one in green. Haha. We didn't know it was team picture day, cause my parents boycott the meetings. (For reasons including forced volunteering and such.) Hey, at least a person noticed she is there! :<)

Oh! And you can see my rearend in another picture. But I won't tell you which one that is. :<)