Saturday, January 03, 2009

First Update!

I have safely arrived in Hawaii. I was greeted by geckos and outdoor airport terminals. I have been busy trying to figure out what I am supposed to be doing when and how to get ourselves unlocked out of possessed bathroom doors. I am rooming with four other people and am really looking forward to getting to know these people that are in love with Jesus.

I suspected in coming on this adventure that God was going to be teaching me about letting things go. I have been reminded twice today that I have to drop things out of my hands in order for Him to put the thing He wants to into my hands. I know I have heard the voice of God and am capable of it, but I have a struggle with wanting to hear. I have an unsubstantiated fear of Him not wanting me to do something i want to with my life and being depressed forever. Silly, yes. Truth, yes. Well, one day at a time. God, give me the strength to give You the things you ask for. And give me the wisdom to know when you are talking to me.

I am amazed at this opportunity that I have in front of me. I am looking forward to starting our first real day on Monday. We will start our training on bringing justice to areas where there is none. And showing Christ's love to others.

Labels: