Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Almost the End of Week One

It is hard to believe that it has almost been one week that I have been here. In some senses it has flown by and in others it has been a long week. I sit here wondering how I could possibly summarize in several paragraphs all that has happened in this short period of time....

To give you all an idea of a typical day...I am blessed with the challenge of breakfast duty. This morning I got up at 4:50 to be to the kitchen by 5 am. Woo hoo!!! I am responsible for cleaning all the pots and pans used to make breakfast and also keeping the laundry (rags and aprons) going. Work duty is a ten hour per week job. After this, we have an hour of worship and three hours of classes and then lunch. Since my particular school is focusing on Justice, we have had some good conversations about the meaning of justice, orphans and widows, and so forth. After lunch, our afternoons vary. We may have quiet-time, small groups, etc. Next is dinner and then evenings also vary. Again there may be more worship-often with the whole school gathering this time. We also have books to read throughout the quarter and homework assignments to work on.

God has really been speaking to me about where my heart and priorities lie. I realize that I want to be in a place where I desire to be with Him. I desire a closer intimacy with Jesus. After all, that is why I am on this earth...From that love, a desire to be His hands and feet will come. It will be a desire because of a love for Him rather than a love for myself. Frankly, I am realizing my pride needs to die. :)

In this midst of all of this, I am still praying for the funds to get to my outreach. I successfully made it to the training part of the school and have faith that He will provide the rest of what I need. I am looking into possibly trying to get a job on the weekends to help pay the rest of what I need. I would appreciate prayer in this area and if anyone has any ideas for me in the area of fundraising or would like to be a part of helping me do a fundraiser, please let me know!

God has been speaking to me through Isaiah 59 and 60. These chapters are good guidelines of how justice works and what it means to live this concept out.

God bless!

Labels: