Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Sudden Realization

So, I have come to a realization: I thrive on being busy. Or being "productive" rather. This is one of those personality quirks that can easily be a strength, but often morphs into a weakness. In the past few days, I am realizing I am basically running on empty. I couldn't quite figure out why I was so tired and suddenly it struck me. Starting on June 24th, I worked ten days straight at the rehab center. Towards the end, I was having difficulty remembering what day it was...Then I got back on the 3rd and immediately proceeded to help my friends paint. For three days straight. Until very late at night. Then I started my new jobs. I am starting three new ones in a matter of four days. (I will be working likely an average or 40 to 50 hours a week, so it isn't that crazy.)
I came home and realized I was wiped. I haven't had any time to read books I've been trying to read, I have had little time to spend with God (or I have not made it a priority as I should), I have not had enough time to spend with my siblings since I've been back, and I have had zero time to do something as simple as lay on the grass and look at the summer clouds. Therefore, I started by telling my Mom she could not let me leave the house tomorrow after I get off work. I am coming home, taking a shower, maybe do some cooking, read a book, study a bit for my GRE...I work Friday and then I am taking two whole days to NOT WORK. What a concept. :)

Labels: