Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Nice....

I learned how to gavage a dove today. Normally when we feed birds, we teach them how to gape as they would for their mother. Once the mouth is open, a syringe can be put down the throat and food injected. Doves, on the other hand, are not gaping birds. Therefore, we have to take a syringe and put a two or three inch long thin metal tube onto it. Then we put it down their throat, into their crop (the place a bird stores food before it reaches the stomach), and fill it up. I enjoyed learning this new skill.

Philippians 2:14-15-"Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world..."
So, God is talking to me about not complaining. First of all, what do I have to complain about? He has blessed me so immensely. Second, this verse hints at my not complaining being a way to be a light in the world. This is something I have given much thought to lately. My internship is one of the first workplaces I have had a lot of contact with people. This prompts me to consider how I can be a light to the world and how I am set apart. I think not complaining and being joyful in the midst of all things is a big part of this.

Labels: ,