Sunday, June 22, 2008

Thoughts and Calzones

Calzones are currently in the oven. Mmmm...I've perfected the art of bread dough relatively well, and I am very proud of myself. Now that I can make dough, I should see if the skill would survive long enough to actually do a loaf of bread. Hmmm...That one is going on the list of things to do.

My family comes back sometime this afternoon. Until then, I need to go walk my dog. She has been starving for more attention. She gets a lot with seven people in the house. When 80% of that number leave, it is hard to give her the puppy love she needs. ;)

I've decided to enjoy each day more fully and make a concerted effort to quiet my mind. My mind is naturally overactive, and I realize that I need to make an effort to keep it in the place God wants it to be. I am coming to realize how often I actually am just mulling over problems, trying to figure things out, or worry about the future. How much of the now do I lose thinking about the future? Quite a bit. This hits home more as I come so close to getting done with my bachelor's. I spend so much of it thinking about the next step and how to get to my goals that I suddenly find myself almost done. It is a place in life I am going to miss. I realize that very soon I am going to have a lot of growing up to do very suddenly. I will likely be moving away from my family (possibly far away) and friends. I am only going to have God to cling to and rely on. I want to be enjoying every minute of the now that I have and not regret wasting it thinking about the future someday.

Point of clarification for the blog of the Polka Dotted Pickle: I never proofread my blog. I figure I do this just to have fun and get some thoughts out in words. Why ruin things by proofreading. Sorry for the many grammatical and spelling errors over the years and those to come. ;)

Labels: