Sunday, July 06, 2008

A Long Weekend

Praise God for three day weekends! :) Several of my weekend adventures included making homemade ice cream with Aubry, painting until all hours of the night several times(my old roomies are moving into a new house), and setting off fireworks a friend got me from Wyoming.

AUBRY AND I MAKING ICE CREAM.



PATRICIA PEELING TAPE OFF THE WALL




CARLY DEMONSTRATING HER PAINTING MUSCLES ;)



Now that the week has started, I have begun one of my three summer jobs: working at an organic farm. It appears as if it will be quite an interesting experience. Today I was able to harvest quite a variety of veggies (and learn of some ones I was not aware of), hang garlic to dry, feed chickens and harvest eggs, and distribute veggies to a CSA (community supported agriculture). I also learned to drive a mule which is an awesome four wheel drive vehicle that is used to haul people and vegetables around a farm in a time efficient manner. The feeling of wind blowing in your face and the sun on your back is great. I also enjoyed the thought that I will get paid for playing in the mud... :) I think it is going to be an interesting second half of the summer!!

Labels: