Sunday, June 29, 2008

Late Night Thoughts

So, I was in bed, attempting to sleep. Usually I fall asleep in a matter of minutes after the lights are out and I have found my stuffed dog, Joey. ;) For some reason though I wasn't able to sleep. Rather than laying in bed, wasting time just staring the blackness that is my ceiling and mulling over the unknown that is life, I decided to get up and see why I couldn't sleep. I had a feeling God was keeping me awake for some reason.

It is clear to me that as I go through this period of life, God is showing me how my mindset should be. Rather than it running around and planning and diverting and organizing and wondering, I should be focusing on Him. I should be pondering the things He wants me to ponder and meditating on all that He has done for me.

I ask what I am supposed to do in my life or what my purpose in life is and I learn that this question has multiple parts to it. First, I need to focus on doing the things God has asked all His people to do. Some things that come to mind are loving others, worshiping Him, having a thankful heart, not fighting for my rights, and not complaining. The second thing is to look at what He has asked me to do as His daughter. I won't go into great detail, but this is something I want to be learning about more. Last-not first-comes what He wants for me as an individual. Right now, that is to be working on my mindset. I don't know all the ins and outs of life: where I will go to school, where I may work someday, what relationships may come into my life, what relationships may walk out of my life, if I might adopt kids...The list goes on. But I make a conscious effort to take things one day at a time. I don't need to figure it out all at once. I want to enjoy the present moment and bring glory to Him in whatever state I am in. For that is the whole reason I was created, is it not?

And now I am going to turn off the lights and computer one more time in the hopes that I might fall asleep. Where did my stuffed animal go....

Labels: