Thursday, June 19, 2008

Occupations and School

Observation of the Day: I love jobs where I don't have to dress up. I want the freedom to get dirty. Job #1: Babysitting. Self explanatory how dirty this gets.
Job #2: Construction (specifically laying tile and hardwood). I have been covered in grout, underlayment dust, wood stain, sawdust, and all out grime for a majority of my working summers.
Job #3: Veterinary Technician-I could spare you the details of what I get covered in. Just imagine what goes in animals, what comes out, what is naturally inside. Yup, I've had it on me at some point I'm sure.
Job #4: Feeder of wild animals. Whether it is bird formula, raccoon formula, bird poo, or worm guts, I rarely come home with a clean shirt. Me and a fellow intern were joking about giving up on changing clothes upon coming to work since we get so dirty. A minute later a staff worker turned around and told us that we were disgusting. ;)
Job #5 (I will potentially be working here upon returning home after my internship this summer.) Organic farmer. Ha! I'm serious. I can only imagine how dirty I will get when pulling weeds and picking food. ;)

Still working on narrowing my schools down. It looks like I may be dishing out a handful of dinero...My plan at this point. (God could likely drastically change this in the next few months. I've basically given up on trying to make plans. God seems to like more excitement than that.)
-CSU-Fort Collins (I plan on applying to the veterinary program and a vertebrate anatomy and physiology master's program.)
-University of Kansas (Veterinary School. Everyone from Colorado applies here. ;))
-University of Colorado-Denver (Physician's Assistant program. This is my major "don't get into vet school" backup plan. I could start practicing 3 years after starting the program.)
-Western University (Veterinary school. Still unsure about this one...It's in California, so I would be near some family.)
-University of Washington (Public Health master's program. I can specifically focus on Africa with this program and maybe get a job at an NGO or non-profit eventually.)