Monday, June 16, 2008

Where's My Family??!! :)

Okay, so it hasn't been that long that my family has been gone and I have had enough of an empty house. It was nice at first to listen to my music as loud as I wanted or make a calzone at midnight, but I think I'm over it. :) I miss my little sister asking me to read her bedtime stories and my little brothers going with me to take Maddie for walks. And I miss talking about life with my Mom. And where is my Dad to give me a hug? I know, I know, I'm a total dork. I'm 20 and I can't handle life without my fam. My argument is that I am so used to having seven people in my life pretty much 24/7 that I go into withdrawals when they are not around. Who can blame me? ;) I think I should clarify that I am functioning. Yes, I am still showering and brushing my teeth. I eat meals regularly. ;)

Anyway, on a more serious note, I am working on my school applications today. This subject has been swirling around in my brain a lot for the past two months or so. I have been planning on vet school since I was nine basically. However, I have come to terms with two things. First, I don't want to be in debt which is very likely with vet school. Second, I feel like I would really like to have a family of my own soon and I know that four years of vet school could likely put this off for a while. On the other hand, I don't want to throw the possibility of vet school out the window if I have a few years left before I am supposed to start a family. Therefore, I have decided to apply to three vet schools (Colorado, Kansas, and California [some of my extended family lives in California]), a PA program in Denver, a grad program in Fort Collins, and hopefully a grad program in Washington (where more of my extended family lives). My goal is to have these applications mostly done before school starts again on August 25th. On that note, I should stop blogging and go work on my applications. It is one thing to talk about it and another to actually do it.

Labels: