Friday, January 12, 2007

The Notorious Dinner

So, I was WAY tired after work. The rest of the family was going to a potluck. This meant I needed to figure out dinner for myself. All these circumstances equalled a microwave dinner-my first ever. Believe it or not. Since I am a really....yeah, I guess REALLY poor college student, I got one at the dollar store. I told Emily that and she said it gave her "make-fun of rights" for a really long time. Well, I am sad to say I didn't discover some great, new cheap food. Uh-uh. I discovered rubber that you pay a dollar for and call food. Guess I'll have to try the lasagna next time...Or not!
This part of the night makes up for my "soon to be notorious if left up to Emily fettucine" story. I made calzones. Yeah, I did it all by myself. And, yes, I know they are ugly, but I taste-tested two for dinner after the fettucine was a failure, and they were fabulous. I made like twenty, so I can put them in the freezer and just grab them really quick for school in the morning. Considering I have to leave town at 6:30 for a calculus class. *Mutters about leaving warm covers for a math class* Anyway, it was my type of cooking! I made dough, and then rummaged through the fridge for all the cool pizza fillings I could find. I made barbeque hamburger meat with cheese ones, meat lover ones (bacon, hamburger meat, and pepperoni), and just cheese and pepperoni. I made a nice big mess and actually had fun cooking. :)
Posted by Picasa

Labels: ,