Saturday, December 23, 2006

Grades and Joshua

Aubry and I when we went sledding at the cabin Tuesday. She was a little uncooperative here. As usual....
















So, I finally got my grades for the semester. I got A's in Chemistry lab, Zoology, Zoology lab, Physics lab, and Career Planning. In Chemistry lecture, I got a B. Admittedly, I was disappointed; however, considering the reputation concerning hardness of the class, I am relieved. My Mom keeps saying she is glad I finally got a B at some point in school. Now I have no pressure and stress to be a "straight-A student". Well, maybe not.... :)

If you are a faithful reader (If not, go find someone else to bother...Okay, just kidding! My sarcastic nature strikes again!), then you will remember the extreme difficult I was having with physics at the beginning of the semester. The combination of never having taken physics and never having taken trigonometry in high-school (Curses upon whoever put the idea in my head that an abundance of biology classes would be my best bet. If you are in high-school and want to be a science major, do not listen! Take math and chemistry classes. You will make life much easier for yourself in the long run.) made for an interesting situation. Translated: I had no idea what the heck was going on. I was at the end my rope a few weeks in. There was no way I could do this in my own strength. I was lost. So, at the end of my rope, I went to God. Should I drop the class or what? Change my major? Do the class, get an F, and take it again until I got a good grade? Well, His ideas were different than mine. He gave me a lot of stuff in Joshua 3. Verse 5 says "And Joshua said to the people, 'Sanctify yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do wonders among you.' This was the night before a quiz. I had no clue about the homework, and I was basically destined to get an F. However, I felt like God was telling me, He would do an amazing thing. So, I tried to stop freaking out and got some sleep, having no clue about Newton's Second Law or Equations of Kinematics. Well, sure enough, I took the quiz and ended up getting a 90%. Talk about God keeping a promise. But it didn't stop there.
This chapter also says in verse 10: "God is among you, and that He will without fail drive out from before you the Canaanites and the Hittites and the Hivites and the Perizzites and the Girgashites and the Amorites and the Jebusites". Yeah, I know there is no such thing as Girgashites anymore, but God was comparing my physics battles to these big, bad "ites". Anyway, God was going to get me through the battles and defeat big, bad physics. :)
Now this is the best part. Verse 17 says "Then the priests who bore the ark of the covenant of the Lord stood firm on dry ground in the midst of the Jordan; and all Israel crossed over on dry ground, until all the people had crossed completely over the Jordan". God was promising me that I would get through this one. He would get me through the semester and He would hold the flood back until I was safe-at the end of the semester. Talk about a metaphor. And He did get me across. More evidence in my life to Him being the I AM.
After all that, I have come to the conclusion that I actually do enjoy physics. Just goes to show that the things that are difficult are the best challenges.

Now the next task is to be trusting Him about Missouri. He keeps confirming, and I keep doubting. Speaking of which, I sent out a letter to the dean of admissions on Wednesday or Thursday, stating my financial status which is not reflected on my FAFSA. I asked her to reconsider my place on the waiting list. Any prayers you could pray would be really appreciated. I am ready for Missouri. Bring it on, baby! :)
Posted by Picasa