Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Three and Highlights

Three things that scare me: failure, cold dark water, betrayal

Three people who make me laugh: Audra, "Jack" the dog (story later), and James Herriot [I just realized how odd this list is]

Three things I love: doing things on my list of things to do before my life is over (like ice fishing!!), good fiction books, dogs

Three things I hate: ice cream with nuts or baked goods in it, arguments, popularity/cliques

Three things I don't understand: Relationships, why people have no sympathy or respect for others or things or animals, the mind of Einstein

Three things on my desk: weekly planner, 2000 piece puzzle to return (I have a duplicate one), and pictures of friends

Three things I'm doing right now: writing this meme out, thinking about "Jack", and thinking of all the things I have to do before school starts.

Three things I want to do before I die: adopt an african baby boy, swim the english channel (this is a new idea of mine), and run a marathon

Three things I can do: several thousand piece puzzles, ice fish, and drive in the ice and snow

Three things you should listen to: "First Day of My Life" by Bright Eyes, "Black Balloon" by Goo Goo Dolls, and "She's Everything" by Brad Paisley

Three things you should never listen to: jazz (I have not acquired a taste for this one), most hip hop, and nails scraped over most surfaces

Three things I'd like to learn: sign language, how to scuba dive, and how to ocean fish

Three favorite foods: ice cream, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli

Three beverages I drink regularly: water, orange juice, and milk

Three TV shows/Books I watched/read as a kid: Bill Nye the Science Guy, Reading Rainbow, and Arthur

Three blogger friends that I am going to tag: You, you, and you (Whoever wants to do it.)


Well, I guess I took an extended leave of absence for the holidays. Good times! Here are some highlights:
-Saw "Night at the Museum". Great movie! I would recommend it.
-Battle for Contentment is getting easier.
-Reading "Every Young Woman's Battle" and "That Hideous Strength". Both are five star books.
-Researched more graduate schools and came up with a few more options.
-Made snowpeople with Aubry after our giant snowstorm.
-Made a snow fort with Josh, Sarah, Laura, and Amelia.
-Sledded with Kasey, Audra, Carly, and Carissa on Sunday.
-My friend is engaged and I am a bridesmaid!!!! I am giving in to wearing a dress, but crossing my fingers that visions of pink bridesmaids do not dance in my friend's head.
-Went to a concert where I found an abandoned dog whom I rescued. The shelter was closed, so he came home with me for the night. Well, one night turned into two since the shelter was closed New Year's. He ended up going ice fishing with my Dad and I (Which was a blast by the way). He was a great dog! He ended up sleeping in my bed last night since he was scared of the coyotes or wolves he heard while in the mudroom. Anyway, he wouldn't stay on the floor, and considering it was two in the morning, I was in no position to argue. We dropped him off at the shelter today to see if his owners come find him. It was very sad to say bye. I had a dog for a few days. :) I "named" him Jack, hence Jack the dog making me laugh.

*Edit* Trebonte asks when the money for my missions trip is due. I changed my dates to June 28th to July 14 since my friend is getting married, and I am in the wedding. I assume that I would need the money before June 28th. *End Edit*

Labels: ,