Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Colossians 1

This was basically my "theme" chapter at camp. It really helped me get through some hard stuff I needed to get through, and gave me a better idea of how to talk to God.

Colossians 1
9-11-The whole purpose of knowing God's will is not to have our ducks in a row or have a our lives be perfect. Rather it is for the purpose of glorifying God. At first I was trying to focus on the little answers and just getting it and going on with life. But that wasn't what God wanted. He wanted my heart. He wanted me to seriously give up what I wanted and go with His will-even though I didn't know what it was yet. It is really hard, but I surrendered to Him, and I got the answer I was seeking.


17
-He is before all things. I can stop-or try to stop-worrying so much about life and what will come from the decisions I have made. It is okay. He is before all of my life.

21-23-What a huge blessing. We were foreign creatures in our sin and God had the love and mercy to show us as completely holy. What an amazing thought. Completely clean. Absolutely no sin. Continue steadfast in your faith. Do not waver!

29-This life is not just something to be lived getting as much fun out of it as we can. This is a race. There is a purpose and an end. I have to live it in this way.