Saturday, July 22, 2006

Lady in the Water



I am a huge M. Knight fan. I never buy movies, but I think I would someday like to buy his: "Unbreakable", "Signs", "The Village", and "Sixth Sense". I love everything he has done. Including "Lady in the Water". He seems to use such ordinary people. The situations are extraordinary, but the story is done in such a way that it seems as if it could really happen. The characters are always people full of character and values. And no matter how intense the movie may get, there is always a little bit of humor. :)

There were a lot of mixed reviews in my group concerning this movie. I think the big thing is to go into the movie, knowing it is actually a bedtime story, not a scary movie. It was different and original. I can't say much, because I think it would ruin it.

Great quote in the movie (Paraphrased, because I can't find a transcript online.) "Every person thinks they are alone in this world. They are not. Everything they do effects someone else".