Thursday, April 06, 2006

I hope I haven't been writing a bunch of silly, shallow stuff lately. I have just been pretty busy, and so I don't have time to be serious. That's a turn of events....

Anyway, life has been interesting to say the least lately. I've been making some new friends and getting closer to friends I already had which has been good. It has, however, brought up some interesting situations which are really new to me. I am not quite sure how to deal with them. I have really been trying as much as I can to go to God when I am unsure or uncertain. That has really been a cool thing. He has shown me a lot in this area and also other areas that I have been struggling with. I am a senior, and it seems like I know less of what I am going to do with my life than I did in 9th grade. It is pretty crazy. But what I have really found is that in that uncertainty God is the closest. If we knew all the answers, then we would have no reason to ask Him about things or turn to Him for comfort. And so even though this whole thing has been hard, it has actually been really neat. Here are some verses that I have enjoyed:

Philippians 4:19-And my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Philipppians 4:13-I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Colossians 1:8-That you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in ever good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy

Colossians 1:29-To this end I also labor, striving according to His working which works in me mightily. (This is one of my favorites.)