Thursday, August 11, 2005

I made a trip to the library today to get some reading material. I am hoping to squish a few more summer reading books in. Too soon life is going to get crazy and all I will be able to read will be textbooks and cereal boxes. :<) One book that I checked out was called "Cry, the Beloved Country" which I am really excited about. It sounded quite interesting.

Speaking of getting back to school, I am not sure if I am quite ready. Life is going to be crazy once it starts! Soccer practice, soccer games, eighteen credits hours at PCC, an economics class at home, art lessons, volunteering at the veterinary clinic, and work. I am really hoping I will still have time to do things like blogging, reading books, and playing my guitar. I guess things will turn out how they turn out!

It isn't only the non-busyness that will be hard to say good-bye to. There are so many "summer things" that will be sad to say adios to! Riding in my Jeep with the windows down and the music louder than many appreciate, tubing down the Arkansas with a friend on a hot day, swimming laps at six in the morning, reading a book for hours on end in an air-conditioned building, going out for ice cream at ten o'clock at night, Friday night BBQ's, Tuesdays at the park playing soccer, the sound of cicadas in the backyard....I could go on forever. But I guess that summer wouldn't be exciting if it went on forever. So, I guess it is time to get ready for school and gear up for my last year of high-school (Whoa!). I know it will be a great year in which God will teach me a lot.

Oh! I made two really cool (at least I think they're cool) changes to my sidebar. First, I added the link to Virtue Magazine all the way at the bottom. It has examples of different articles. Second, I got an awesome idea from Smart Homeschool's blog. This blogger put an image of the book currently being read in the sidebar. So, it is more visually appealing. :<)