Saturday, August 06, 2005

All Kinds of News

Wow! I have lots to say.

One: Here is another blog all you homies (Reverting to my actual roots. :>)) might enjoy reading. He is another great writer. He has homeschooled from grade 1. Wow! I hardly ever meet people that have done that.

Two: Results from an internet quiz found on Spunky Jr's blog. It tests your blog type. My results are
Your Blogging Type is Social and Responsible
You enjoy blogging and do all you can to advance the blogging community.
From helping friends set up blogs to getting rid of spam - you take a leadership role.
A super blogger, you tend to blog regularly. You'd hate to disappoint your audience.
And always appropriate, there's no way you'd blog something too personal!


I pretty much agree except that it mentions the words "social" and "audience". That is totally not compatible with "The Pickle". "The Pickle" is not a social person and never enjoys audiences. (Oh boy, I am reverting to the third person. Whenever that happens...well, you just don't want to know.)


Three: I have to tell you about my fascinating day. My swim team was hosting the state swim meet. I didn't qualify for it, but I decided to help out with the whole extravaganza. The majority of the time I was in the concession stand which was the best part, because I got to people watch. I had several favorite people.
One was the Diet Pepsi lady. Diet soda drinkers are always finicky it seems. Anyway, she asked for a Diet Pepsi. I go to the fridge to retrieve one for her. I gave her a disclaimer that we had just put it in the fridge and it wasn't too cold yet. I asked if she still wanted to purchase one. She said yes. So, the other person in the concession stand goes up to her and says the total she owes. Suddenly, on a whim, this lady decides she doesn't want non-cold Diet Pepsi. She is like (in a really irritated way), "I think I would rather have a Diet Coke. Someone gave me a totally hot Diet Pepsi". And she said it right in front of me as if I wasn't the "someone". So, yeah, that was funny. By the way, the Diet Pepsi was so not hot. Anyway...that was fun to observe.
Another funny one was the corn person. Cool nickname, huh? Well, this girl wanted to buy corn. She's like "How much is it?". I turn around and ask one of the other people in the concession stand, because I wasn't sure. (They had changed the price a few times during the day.) The person said a dollar. So, I turn to corn person and say "a dollar". She's said, "Oh, we thought it was fifty cents.". I said, "Well, this person just told me it is a dollar." Well, she keeps going on about how they said it was a dollar over the loudspeaker and all this stuff. (I won't post the whole boring conversation.) Finally, I was like, "Fine, take it for your measly little fifty cents, you crazy tightwad corn person". No, I'm just kidding. I didn't say it like that and I really wasn't even mad. I just thought it was amusing. Oh well.

I guess I better stop writing. I can never handle to read other people's long boring posts, so I'll just stop before mine becomes an even longer boringer (is that a word?) post.